I recently got a new workstation with Windows 7. I thought I would share a few issues I have run into in switching my Visual Studio development environment over to the new workstation. As I run into interesting new problems, I might post more about them.
- Visual Studio seems to put some temporary files in different locations on Windows 7 which created some security settings issues. Although, I don't like it, I had to allow Everyone read/write access to the C:\Users\thabing\AppData\Local\Temp folder. I tried giving the Local Service and Network Service groups access, but it didn't seem to help.
- Also, when I move a Visual Studio solution to the new machine, I have to manually edit the *.sln solution file to change any absolute paths which are required for SourceSafe integration.