On December 9, 2011, a letter about Lync training went out through the CITES-Techsupport List Serv. This training is for technical trainers, and it is intended to help them train others on the new UC Voice application, Microsoft Lync. See the letter below from Kathy Lyons, CITES Help Desk Manager, for more information.
CITES Training is offering a Lync train the trainer class which will be offered on Monday, December 19. Class will be held 9:00am-4:30pm with a lunch break. Class will be held in Illini Hall Suite 26 Illini Hall (725 S. Wright Street, C.).
Description of class:
This workshop provides information to technical trainers about the Unified Communications Lync application. Trainers will receive Lync materials and tips on how to present the material to campus based on customer feedback in early adopter Lync classes and experiences. Although trainers may focus on training specific groups, units, or colleges, filling your class with other campus customers is ideal. Responsibility of the trainer/unit:
- Trainers can train in their departmental/unit labs or in the CITES Training labs in Illini Hall (space permitting)
- Your lab computers will need to be on the UofI domain and allow end users to login with their netid and active directory password
- Your lab must have Outlook 2010/Outlook 2011 and Lync installed
- It is recommended that you have devices available or you have students bring devices to the class. The labs in Illini Hall are outfitted with devices.
- CITES can provide a mechanism for registering people for your class. We ask that if your department/college doesn't fill a class that it be opened up to others around campus so we can fill as many classes as possible.
To register for this class please contact email@example.com. Please provide your name, phone number, and your unit/college/dept. Please specify you are signing up for the Lync train the trainer class.
CITES Help Desk, Manager