With the increased demand for students to work effectively in teams, many instructors have implemented short-term and semester-long team projects in their courses. There are many benefits derived from this type of cooperative learning strategy if key issues are addressed.
- What are some of the considerations for making this a valuable learning experience?
- How should teams be created?
- What are important skills that students should learn?
- What makes a good team assignment?
- How do we assess team work?
We'll address these questions and more in this highly interactive workshop. Handouts with sample assessment forms will be provided.