Event Detail Information
NCSA will be participating in the technical program and the exhibit at SC13, the international conference for high-performance computing, networking, storage, and analysis.
Visit NCSA at Booth #1122 during exhibit hours:
- Monday, Nov. 18, 7-9 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
And look for NCSA and our collaborators in these technical presentations:
- Extreme Scale Computational Biology, Nov. 19, 10:30-11:15 a.m. INVITED SPEAKER: Klaus Schulten
- Best Practices for Commissioning Liquid Cooling Infrastructure, Nov. 19, 12:15-1:15 p.m. BOF PANELISTS: David Martinez, Thomas Durbin, Michael Ellsworth
- The Role of HPC in Education, Nov. 19, 1:30-2:15 p.m. INVITED SPEAKER: Thom Dunning
- Petascale WRF Simulation of Hurricane Sandy: Deployment of NCSAs Cray XE6 Blue Waters, Nov. 19, 2:30-3 p.m. AUTHOR(S): Peter Johnsen, Mark Straka, Melvyn Shapiro, Alan Norton, Thomas Galarneau
- Physics-Based Seismic Hazard Analysis on Petascale Heterogeneous Supercomputers, Nov. 19, 3:30-4 p.m. AUTHOR(S):Yifeng Cui, Efecan Poyraz, Kim B. Olsen, Jun Zhou, Kyle Withers, Scott Callaghan, Jeff Larkin, Clark C. Guest, Dong Ju Choi, Amit Chourasia, Zheqiang Shi, Steven M. Day, Philip J. Maechling, Thomas H. Jordan
- Programming And Managing Systems At Scale, Nov. 22, 8:30-10 a.m. Panelists: Chad Harrington, Don Maxwell, William Kramer, Brady Kimball, Larry Kaplan, Morris Jette, John Hengeveld
- Ultra-High Resolution Simulation of a Downburst-Producing Thunderstorm (Visualization Showcase), Nov. 18 6 pm-9 p.m.; Nov. 19 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; Nov. 20, 8:30 am-5 pm; Nov. 21 8:30 am-noon. Mile High Pre-Function. AUTHOR(S): Robert Sisneros (NCSA, visualization programmer), Leigh Orf, George Bryan
- The Tale of VisIt and Two Skinny Guys (A description of the Blue Waters project, its analysis and visualization team, and their use of VisIt to support large-scale science), 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20, Intelligent Light/VisIt booth #4216. PRESENTER: Rob Sisneros, NCSA visualization programmer