Please join us on October 4th for the Digital Humanities Symposium at the Scholarly Commons to learn more about digital humanities concepts, tools, and current research projects at Illinois!
This half-day morning symposium on October 4th will feature talks and break-out sessions by UIUC faculty pursuing digital humanities research, including Professors Ted Underwood, Dianne Harris, Donna Cox, and Mara Wade. The symposium will cover topics such as:
- BiblioTech: digital humanities at the Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Visualization tools in digital humanities
- Graduate education and digital humanities
- Emblematica Online: a NEH-funded collaborative project in digital humanities
- Text mining tools and research
- Omeka in research and teaching
- Library services and tools for data research and data curation
- Working with I-CHASS and finding funding for your research projects
- Images and digital scholarship
To register for the symposium, please complete this form by *Monday, October 1st*:
Registration may be limited to 30 participants due to space constraints. Coffee and breakfast refreshments will be provided. If you have questions, please contact Harriett Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah Christensen at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you on October 4th!