Summer 2017 Latin American Studies Educators' Workshop
The Poetry and Movement of Tango: A Window to Southern Latin America
One week Professional Development workshop for Middle School, High School, and Community College Educators and Librarians interested in Latin American Studies.
DESCRIPTION OF COURSE
- Film with Discussion
- Lecture by Visiting Scholar focused on history of the region
- Tango Dance Instruction
- Final Reception
- Learn about the artistic and cultural diversity in a region of Latin America
- Acquire basic understanding of the cultural and social underpinnings of Tango.
- Produce course materials that use music, song lyrics as a way to talk about the social history of Latin America.
- All participants will receive a copy of the materials used in the workshop.