New and returning UIS students are invited to participate in a day of service. Get to know other students and do something positive for the community during your first week of the fall semester.
Volunteers can sign up to serve at one of four different local service agencies. Shifts and agencies are as follows:
- 9:00-11:00 Red Cross (making first aid kits, on campus, location tbd)
- 10:00-1:30 Saint John's Bread Line (serving food, off campus, arrive at the front of LRH at 9:30)
- 1:00-3:30 Hospital Sisters Mission Outreach (sorting medical supplies, off campus, arrive at the front of LRH at 12:30)
- 1:00 - 4:00 Habitat for Humanity (working in the ReStore; off campus, arrive at the front of LRH at 12:30)
- 3:00 - 5:00 Red Cross (making first aid kits; on campus; location tbd)
- AVID Mentoring Program (Tutoring and mentoring, off campus, various times and locations)
To sign up for a shift visit: UISvolunteercenter.eventbrite.com
Transportation to off campus projects (besides AVID) will be provided. Please gather in front of Lincoln Residence Hall 30 minutes prior to the start of your shift. Space for each shift is limited, so register early.