Paul Andrew Eubig
Research Affiliate, Neuroscience Program
2001 S. Lincoln Ave.
Urbana, IL 61802
- PhD, University of Illinois, Comparative Biosciences (Neurotoxicology), 2013
- MS, University of Illinois, Veterinary Biosciences (Basic Toxicology), 2006
- DVM, University of Georgia, 1993
- BS, University of Notre Dame, 1989
Diplomate, American Board of Toxicology, 2005
I am primarily interested in studying the effects of environmental factors (contaminants exposure, circadian disruption) and hormonal influences (hypothyroidism) on cognitive functioning and neurotransmission using neurobehavioral, pharmacologic, and molecular methods. Other areas of interest include comparative neurotoxicology, clinical veterinary toxicology, communication of scientific information to the public, and ethics in science.
- 2013-present: Assistant Professor, University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, IL
- 2009-2013: Research Assistant Professor, University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, IL
- 2008-2009: Research Associate, University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, IL
- 2006-2008: Postdoctoral Fellow, NIEHS Environmental Toxicology Training Program, University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, IL
- 2000-2010: Clinical Toxicologist, ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center, Urbana, IL (full time until 2006)
- 1994-2000: Associate Veterinarian in private small animal practices in Illinois and North Carolina
- 1993-1994: Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, IL
Teach portions of the following Courses (topics):
- VM 602 Structure and Function I (fluid and ion balance)
- VM 603 Structure and Function II (autonomic nervous system, psychopharmacology and behavior modification)
- VM 605 Pathobiology I (clinical pharmacology)
- VM 611 Medicine and Surgery III (clinical toxicology)
- CB 290 Individual Topics in Research
- CB 449 Basic Toxicology
- CB 514 Neurotoxicology
- CB 554 Systems Toxicology
- Effects of PCBs and PBDEs on three distinct components of response inhibition, NIEHS K08, Role: PI
- Eubig PA, Noe TE, Floresco SB, Sable JJ, Schantz SL. 2014. Sex differences in response to amphetamine in adult Long-Evans rats performing a delay-discounting task. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 118:1-9.
- Merola VM, Eubig PA. 2012. Toxicology of avermectins and milbemycins (macrocyclic lactones) and the role of p-glycoprotein in dogs and cats. Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 42(2):313-33.
- Sable HJK, Monaikul S, Poon E, Eubig PA, Schantz SL. 2011. Discriminative stimulus effects of cocaine and amphetamine in rats following developmental exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs). Neurotoxicol Teratol 33(2):255-62.
- Eubig PA, Aguiar A, Schantz SL. 2010. Lead and PCBs as risk factors for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Environ Health Perspect 118(12):1654-67.
- Aguiar A, Eubig PA, Schantz SL. 2010. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: a focused overview for children's environmental health researchers. Environ Health Perspect 118(12):1646-53.
- Sable HJK, Eubig PA, Powers BE, Wang VC, Schantz SL. 2009. Developmental exposure to PCBs and/or MeHg: effects on a differential reinforcement of low rates (DRL) operant task before and after amphetamine drug challenge. Neurotoxicol Teratol 31(3):149-58.
- Eubig PA, Brady MS, Gwaltney-Brant SM, Khan SA, Mazzaferro EM, et al. 2005. Acute renal failure in dogs after the ingestion of grapes or raisins: a retrospective evaluation of 43 dogs. Jour Vet Intern Med 19(5):663-74.
- Morrow CMK, Valli VE, Volmer PA, Eubig PA. 2005. Canine renal pathology associated with grape or raisin ingestion: 10 cases. Jour Vet Diagn Invest 71(3):223-31.
- Mazzaferro EM, Eubig P, Hackett TB, Legare M, Miller C, et al. 2004. Acute renal failure associated with raisin or grape ingestion in four dogs. Jour Vet Emerg Crit Care 14(3):203-12.
- Horstman CL, Eubig PA, Cornell KK, Khan SA, Selcer BA. 2003. Gastric outflow obstruction after ingestion of wood glue in a dog. Jour Am An Hosp Assoc 39(1):47-51.
- 2016 AbbVie Early Career Toxicologist Award, Midwest Regional Chapter of Society of Toxicology
- 2012 Joseph O. Alberts Award for excellence in research and scholarship, College of Veterinary Medicine, UIUC
- 2011 Richard Butcher New Investigator Award, Developmental Neurotoxicology Society
- 2011 Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- 2009-2010 Science Communication Fellowship from Environmental Health Sciences non-profit organization
- 1992 Phi Zeta Veterinary Honor Society
Developmental Neurotoxicology Society
Society of Toxicology
International Neurotoxicology Association
Eastern Illinois Veterinary Medical Association