MLK Day of Service 2018 - January 15
MLK Day of Service is an opportunity for students to learn about the impact Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. had on the world and participate in hands-on service projects that will benefit community organizations on Monday, January 15, 2018. Pre-register as an individual or group below. Walk-ins also welcome. Check-in begins at 12:15 pm.
Click below to sign up and be involved in the 2017 MLK Day of Service.
- Individuals and groups can pre-register to attend the event and complete on-campus service projects.
- Groups can also pre-register to complete off-campus projects.
- Project Assistants are needed to help during the event with set up, check-in, clean up, and a project.
There are multiple ways for you to make a difference and participant in this year's MLK Day of Service!
Tentative on-campus Service Projects for individuals and groups:
- Meal packaging with Illini Fighting Hunger for the Eastern Illinois Foodbank
- Activity books and children’s capes for Carle’s Pediatric Unit
- Blanket making for the Ronald McDonald house
- Pet toys for the Champaign County Humane Society
- Hats, scarves, and plarned mats for the Salvation Army
Off-campus projects are only for groups who pre-register and can provide their own transportation. Pre-register your group here.
If your organization would like to host a service project during this event, please submit your project here.
On January 15 check-in will be from 12:15 pm - 1:00 pm in the Illini Union at the Illini Rooms ABC (first floor on the east side). Spots are limited for all projects.
Event Schedule for on-campus projects
- 12:15 pm - Check-in begins (please bring your i-card)
- 1:00 pm - Welcome and Program
- 2:00 pm - Service Projects
- 4:00 pm - Complete any additional service projects with remaining supplies
Event Schedule for off-campus projects (pre-registered groups only)
- 1:45 pm - Arrive at location
- 2:00 pm - Start service project (start time will be finalized with service location)
- 4:00 pm - Finish project
MLK Celebration 2018: Jan 15 - 21
Check out the MLK Celebration calender here!
Stay connected to our office throughout the year to help you find, plan, and collaborate on service projects and volunteer opportunities. OVP is located on the second floor on the Illini Union on the Quad/South Side and is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Check out our website and our social media below: