- Contact Information
- Subscribe to these events
- Send to a Friend
- Send to Social Media outlet
- Asian American Studies Home
- 70 views
Asian American Studies Postdoctoral Research Associate Position Announced
The Asian American Studies Department (AAS) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks one postdoctoral research associate for the 2017-2018 academic year. This is a one-year, non-renewable, appointment. Applicants should conduct research germane to Asian American Studies. Proposed research projects should have the potential to make a significant contribution to the field. This associate will be housed in the Department of Asian American Studies, but will also be provided opportunities to build a supportive on-campus community with the associates from African American Studies, American Indian Studies, and Latina Latino Studies.
Stipend and Benefits
$47,476 salary over a 12-month period. Additional $5,000 for research expenses. Comprehensive benefit package.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, must have received a doctorate or appropriate terminal degree within the past five years or have completed this requirement by July 31, 2017. They must demonstrate promise for a tenure-track appointment at a research college or university and their primary research focus must be Asian American, and/or transnational Asian populations in the U.S. and across the Asian Diaspora.
These are external appointments. Current University of Illinois faculty members and graduate students at the Urbana-Champaign campus are not eligible to apply. Scholars who received their Ph.D. from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign are also not eligible for these appointments.
Create your candidate profile through the University of Illinois application login page at http://go.illinois.edu/AASPost-DocFellowshipApplication and upload your application materials:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of the research/writing project to be undertaken during the appointment
- Scholarly writing sample (20 page minimum)
- Graduate transcripts (copies are acceptable, but official transcripts may be requested at a later date)
- Contact information for two professional references. For candidates who have not yet completed their Ph.D. at the time of application, one of these letters must be from the chair of the dissertation committee addressing the likelihood of completion by the starting date of the associateship. Note: Letters of reference cannot be uploaded. You must request that your letter writers email (preferably) or mail their recommendations directly to the department (by the deadline):
Post Doc Review Committee
Department of Asian American Studies
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
1208 W Nevada St.
Urbana, IL 61801
To be considered, applications must be submitted by March 3, 2017. Additional materials may be requested at a later date.
For further information about the fellowship, contact the Department of Asian American Studies at (217)244-9530
Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).