- Contact Information
- Subscribe to these events
- Send to a Friend
- Send to Social Media outlet
- Asian American Studies Home
- 16 views
Teaching Assistantships, 2017-2018 Academic Year
The Asian American Studies Department is advertising for three Teaching Assistants at 50% time for the 2017-2018 Academic Year. TAs will assist with the instruction of AAS 100: Introduction to Asian American Studies.
The rate of pay will be subject to the Graduate Employment Organization contract for a 50% appointment over a nine month period. Those selected for the positions will be expected to work hours and meet responsibilities commensurate with those outlined by the Graduate College and the University’s agreement with the GEO (http://www.ahr.illinois.edu/geo.pdf). The position begins August 16, 2017 and extends through to May 15, 2018.
- Teach assigned discussion sections for AAS 100.
- Attend all lectures. Be responsible for grading examinations and papers and/or for assisting the professor or course supervisor in grading. Lead review sessions for course examinations.
- Hold office hours for students for 1-2 hours per week in the AAS building, for the course.
- Generally assist the professor and/or course supervisor with class functions.
- Be familiar with university, departmental, and course policies on grading, exam scheduling, grievance procedures, plagiarism, and cheating. Attend the campus-wide orientation for teaching assistants conducted by the Office of Instructional Resources at least once.
- Attend all departmental teaching orientations.
- Expertise in Asian American Studies and/or Ethnic Studies
- Experience teaching and facilitating discussion sections.
- Eligible to hold a 50% time assistantship.
- Graduate student at the University of Illinois in a program that has not been designated as cost-recovery or self-supporting
E-mail the following to Christine, AAS Office Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A brief letter of application detailing interest and qualifications for the assistantship.
- A current CV detailing your teaching, research, and service activities.
- A list of three references (name, mailing address, phone number, email address).
For full consideration, submit application by Friday, April 7, 2017. For more information, contact Christine Lyke at 333-3736, email@example.com
All applicants will be encouraged to complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).