- Contact Information
- Subscribe to these events
- Send to a Friend
- Send to Social Media outlet
- College of Media | News Home
- 1705 views
College of Media celebrates graduates with 2011 convocation ceremony
The College of Media celebrated its graduates with a convocation ceremony on Saturday, May 14 at Huff Hall on the Urbana campus. With family and friends to encourage them, more than 350 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral students crossed the stage to get their diplomas. Interim Dean Jan Slater opened the ceremony and introduced the 2011 student speaker Eddie Revis, an advertising graduate, who spoke of the successes and accomplishments he and his classmates have already achieved. Convocation speaker Tim McAuliff '69 JOURN, former CEO of Petry Media Company, addressed the graduates with advice for careers and tips for personal success. Families gathered with their graduates outside of Huff Hall for photos and congratulations.
View photos in Flickr.
- Speech by Tim McAuliff '69 JOURN, 2011 Convocation Speaker
- WCIA coverage of special convocation ceremony for McAuliff
- Video of Student Convocation Speaker, Eddie Revis '11 ADV