- Contact Information
- Subscribe to these events
- Send to a Friend
- Send to Social Media outlet
- College of Media | News Home
- 1361 views
Current and former Journalism students win state honors
University of Illinois broadcast journalism alumni and current students won seven Student Silver Dome Awards at the Illinois Broadcasters Association's university conference (IBA-U) in Chicago.
• Samantha Singer ’11 JOURN, the Champaign bureau reporter at WAND-TV, won First Place for Best TV Weathercast.
• Pete Zervakis ’11 JOURN, a multimedia journalist at WXOW-TV in La Cross, Wisconsin, won Third Place for Best TV News Package.
• Chlole Pistorius ’12 JOURN, won First Place and Rachel Caulfield ’12 JOURN won Third Place for Best Radio News Story.
• Heather Pink ’12 JOURN and Spencer Turkin ’12 JOURN tied for First Place for Best Radio Sports Story.
• UI-7 Radio News won Second Place for Best Radio Newscast.
U of I students competed against those from other Illinois colleges and universities. The awards were announced at a banquet at the annual IBA-U conference, which this year was held for the first time in downtown Chicago.