- Contact Information
- Subscribe to these events
- Send to a Friend
- Send to Social Media outlet
- FRC News Home
- 103 views
Job Opening - Visiting Communication Specialist
Visiting Communication Specialist
Family Resiliency Center
Department of Human Development and Family Studies
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Position: This is a full-time, twelve-month, non-tenured, academic professional position. The Visiting Communications Specialist will revise, coordinate, and implement a comprehensive communication plan for the Family Resiliency Center’s internal and external constituents who include the research community, policy community, practitioner community and the general public. Position may become permanent depending on funding and needs of the department.
Available: As soon as possible after search close date.
- Work with faculty and staff of the Family Resiliency Center to plan and implement communications efforts.
- Administer the Center’s website, including overseeing design, development, organization and content creation and providing ongoing updates.
- Coordinate the development of printed, electronic, and Web-based communication to promote the Centers work.
- Develop and execute a communication plan to help the general public understand the importance of the research conducted at the Family Resiliency Center.
- Develop and execute a social media communication plan.
- Coordinate development, creation, and distribution of the annual report.
- Provide professional communication expertise to programs and affiliated faculty for FRC-related efforts.
- Lead communication efforts that support the Center’s special events, workshops and conferences.
- Develop and maintain media contacts. Coordinate with writers, printers, photographers, and graphic designers.
- Recruit, screen, train, and oversee undergraduate communication intern.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, or related field.
- Experience collaborating with freelance graphic designers and freelance web development professionals.
- Ability to perform accurate, detail-oriented work, and have the ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Must have interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including professional-level writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud particularly Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Basic knowledge of content management systems like Drupal.
- At least three years of experience in higher education or science/technology-related communications positions.
- Familiarity with using University of Illinois’ WebTools.
- Familiarity with University of Illinois’ operating systems and operating procedures.
- Basic photography skills and some familiarity with video editing.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: In order to receive full consideration applications must be received by June 1, 2017.
Application Process: Please upload electronically a letter of interest, resume, two writing samples, and the names and contact information of three professional references to: https://jobs.illinois.edu/default.cfm?page=job_board
Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).