- Contact Information
- Subscribe to these events
- Send to a Friend
- Send to Social Media outlet
- FRC News Home
- 58 views
Hiring project coordinator for curriculum project on childhood obesity prevention
Department of Human & Community Development
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Position: This is a full-time, twelve-month, non-tenured, academic professional position. The Visiting Project Coordinator TOPP-U, HCD will coordinate the Transdisciplinary Obesity Prevention Program –Undergraduate (TOPP-U) research project based at the Family Resiliency Center.The position may become permanent if funds become available.
Available: As soon as possible after start date.
- Coordinate all aspects of the development and production of web-based micro-lectures; web-based professional development modules; develop and support curriculum materials; and instructors manual for TOPP-U curriculum.
- Utilize experience with blended/on-line learning to collaborate with the two sub-award partner institutions on the development of the blended on-line childhood obesity course.
- Develop and execute the recruitment plan, selection, and orientation of undergraduates for the to-be developed blended on-line HDFS 494 STRONG Kids course.
- Provide course assistance for the to-be developed blended on-line HDFS 494 STRONG Kids course.
- Lead steering and other committee meetings including outgoing communication, and oversight of meetings.
- Administer and manage the project budget in collaboration with the PI.
- Manage project documents and information, including project website, to ensure all information is current and accurate.
- Prepare manuscripts, conference presentations, and project reports in collaboration with other staff.
- Develop and execute dissemination of blended on-line curriculum to organizations and institutions in collaboration with the PI.
Master’s degree in instructional design, education, psychology, human development, public health, or related field
Teaching experience in higher education
Strong organizational and coordination skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience with multimedia/web-based instructional development
Proven ability to coordinate and work with multiple instructors, videographers, curriculum specialists and other technical design professionals
Experience in managing and administering project budgets
Familiarity with MS Office Suite, Blackboard and other LMS
Experience in online instructional design
Familiarity with eLearning Graphic and Web Design Tools, Web Design, Desktop Publishing
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: In order to receive full consideration applications must be received by April 2, 2014.
Application Process: Please upload electronically a letter of interest, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references to: https://jobs.illinois.edu/default.cfm?page=job_board
For further information, please contact Brenda Koester at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217)244-6486.
Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).