- Contact Information
- Subscribe to these events
- Send to a Friend
- Send to Social Media outlet
- SMMC News & Events Home
- 400 views
Fall 2012 #UIMoney Tweet Chat Series
Where will you be on Tuesdays at 4 PM?
SMMC is so excited to annouce the #UIMoney Tweet Chat Series where you can join in on fun, relevant, and educational conversations on all things money!
Wait, What's a Tweet Chat? Good question. A tweet chat is a dynamic way to interact and talk with your peers on a predetermined day about a predetermined subject! Think of it as a weekly coffee date with your friends where you can share ideas and ask questions about different money related topics.
So How Do I Join? Participating is easy! Just follow @ILStudentMoney on Twitter and search for the hashtag #UIMoney on Wednesdays at 4 PM. We (the moderator) will get the Twitter party started with a question related to that week's topic and all you have to do is reply with the hashtag #UIMoney.
And, What Are We Talking About? Each week will focus on a different topic related to money and personal finance. Fall 2012 semester's tweet chats are over, but you can check out the current semester's list by going here:
What Have We Talked About? Past tweet chats have included various topics, but you can always check the resources listed by searching for #UIMoney on tweet chat at any time:
- Advice for Generation Y (Nov. 20): Stop by for a chat on money advice for those Gen. Y'ers aka YOU! Discuss with your peers on the money advice you've learned thus far or things you wished you learned and get some tips along the way!
- Student Life (Nov. 27): This week's topic will be centered around the money challenges (and perks!) you face as a student. Let's talk about student loans, financial adjustments you've made since becoming a student, and much more.
- Managing Your Credit (Dec. 4): Don't let this topic scare you! We'll be chatting about the different ways you guys manage your credit and feel free to come with questions of your own.
- Keep Your Money In Check During Finals Week & Beyond (Dec.11): Take a quick break from studying and stop by to chat how you can be smart about your money during Finals Week and Winter Break! You may have the urge to splurge so chat with us and your peers about how you can cut costs and still come out at the top of your class.
- Home for the Holidays (Dec. 18):
Whether you’re heading back home for break or going on vacation, now is a good time to talk about how to keep that $$ of yours safe and plentiful. Whether you keep it thrifty or tend to spend, join the chat to discuss ways to save. Also, for those going on vaca, let us know how you protect your money while you travel!
- NO TWEET CHATS (Dec. 25 & Jan. 1): SMMC is taking a couple weeks off from the TwitterVerse to spend time with our own families!
Here is this semester's tweet chat topics list: