- Contact Information
- Subscribe to these events
- Send to a Friend
- Send to Social Media outlet
- SLCL Latest News New Website Home
- 104 views
Intensive Foreign Language (IFLIP) courses at the U. of I. May 15-26 open to U. of I. and public
The School of Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is offering a unique learning opportunity in the form of the Intensive Foreign Language Instruction Program (IFLIP) for Spring 2017.
Courses are held daily for two weeks (except Saturday and Sunday), from Monday, May 15, through Friday, May 26, for three hours a day. They are taught by advanced graduate students or faculty at the U. of I.
Courses focus on conversational skills, travel preparation and language survival skills. There is minimal homework, no attendance policy, and no academic credit. Each class must have a minimum of 10 participants or it is cancelled.
Participants can place themselves based on the following guidelines:
- Elementary - for those with no prior experience or formal training in the language
- Intermediate - for those with the equivalent of one year of college-level instruction in the language
- Advanced - for those with the equivalent of two or more years of college-level instruction in the language
Registration by Monday, May 1, is strongly encouraged. Registration fees will be refunded in full for classes cancelled due to limited enrollment.
Classes will take place as follows:
- 9 a.m.-noon: Elementary Biblical Greek, Elementary French, Elementary Spanish
- 1-4 p.m.: Elementary Christian Latin, Intermediate and Advanced French, Elementary German, Elementary Portuguese, Intermediate Russian, Intermediate Spanish
- 5:30-8:30 p.m.: Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced French; Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced Italian; Intermediate Portuguese; Advanced Spanish
- Time to be announced: Elementary Arabic
The cost for U. of I. students is $100; for U. of I. faculty, staff, and retirees, $125; and for the public, $150. Payments must be made at the time of registration.
Cancellations after Monday, May 1, will be assessed a $25 fee. There will be no refunds after the first day of class, Monday, May 15.
For online registration and payment, please visit: https://apps.atlas.illinois.edu/FormBuilderSurvey/Survey/LAS/IFLIP/IFLIP_Offerings/. For more information, visit: http://www.slcl.illinois.edu/outreach/iflip/ or contact email@example.com.