- Contact Information
- Subscribe to these events
- Send to a Friend
- Send to Social Media outlet
- SLCL Latest News New Website Home
- 8 views
Waïl Hassan edits new book on Arab novelistic traditions
Waïl Hassan, Professor of Comparative and World Literature, is the editor of a newly-published book, The Oxford Handbook of Arab Novelistic Traditions.
This new work:
- Shares latest scholarship on the Arabic novel from its earliest phase to the present
- Provides new theoretical framework for the study of the Arabic novel
- Emphasizes development of the novel in every Arabic-speaking country
- Includes Arab Diaspric novel traditions in thirteen countries
Hassan contributed two chapters of his own and co-wrote two others with Barbara Michalak-Pikulska, Professor of Arabic Literature, University of Cracow, as part of this 776-page tome.
For more about The Oxford Handbook of Arab Novelistic Traditions, visit: https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-oxford-handbook-of-arab-novelistic-traditions-9780199349791?cc=us&lang=en&#.
Professor Hassan is a specialist in modern Arabic literature and intellectual history, he is the author of Tayeb Salih: Ideology and the Craft of Fiction (2003) and Immigrant Narratives: Orientalism and Cultural Translation in Arab American and Arab British Literature (OUP, 2011).