University of Illinois Police Campus Safety Notices
The University of Illinois Police Department has received a report from a student that she was sexually abused at approximately 3:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 17, near Burrill Hall, 407 S. Goodwin Avenue, Urbana (map). The victim reported that 3 or 4 unknown college age males approached her, picked her up and groped her. No additional suspect information was provided.
- The University of Illinois Police Department has received a report from a Campus Security Authority that a student was sexually assaulted during the early morning on Saturday, April 9, at a fraternity house by a person known to the victim.
- The Champaign Police Department has informed the University of Illinois Police Department that a student reported being a victim of sexual abuse during the evening on Saturday, April 9, at a fraternity house by a person known to the victim.
- The University of Illinois Police Department on Monday received a report that a student was sexually assaulted early Sunday morning, Feb. 7, at a fraternity house by a person known to the victim.
- The Champaign Police Department requested today that we notify you of four recent incidents, all of which occurred in similar areas just off-campus.
- We have new information about the alleged attempted robbery which was the subject of Sunday’s Campus Safety Notice. The person who reported that the incident occurred at 8:30 p.m. Saturday near First Street and Gregory Drive, Champaign, has told investigators that the incident never occurred.
- A robbery took place at approximately 0200 a.m. on Sunday, January 24, in the parking garage of the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts (KCPA), 500 S. Goodwin Ave.
- An attempted robbery took place at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, January 23, 2016, near the intersection of Gregory Drive and First Street in Champaign.
The victim was walking northbound on the west sidewalk in the 700 Block of South Sixth Street, when an offender unknown to the victim ran up from behind and struck the victim in the back of the head causing the victim to fall to the ground and blackout. The victim was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The offender was described as a male with an average build, approximately 6 feet tall wearing a gray sweatshirt and matching gray sweatpants. The offender was last seen running southbound from the scene.
- The victim reported being in his parked vehicle at 1006 W. Stoughton, Urbana, when two offenders approached him and asked to use his cellphone. When he refused, one of the offenders displayed a small gun. The other offender demanded his money, wallet and phone. After the victim provided them with his money, the offenders pulled him from the car and an offender struck the victim in the head with the gun. They took his cellphone, watch and wallet. Both offenders fled northeast from the area. The victim was not seriously injured. The first offender is described as a short male, wearing a black mask and jacket. The second offender is described as a tall, skinny male wearing a red jacket and beanie. Both are described to be in their late teens to early twenties.
- Not long after we sent out today’s earlier Campus Safety Notice regarding a pepper-spray incident on the Quad, we received information helping us to identify the juvenile offender and others who were with that person at the time. We are continuing to investigate.
- The victim was walking in the second level of Parking Lot C7 when the offender struck him in the eye. A witness reported that there were three subjects near the victim prior to hearing one of them strike the victim. When he looked over to the victim, the three subjects got into a vehicle and drove from the area. The victim was transported to the hospital with an injury above his eye. One of the subjects is described as a white male, approximately 25-30 years old, 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing approximately 210 pounds. The subject had red hair and a beard. No further descriptions of the other two are currently available. The offender left in a white Dodge Charger, believed to be a model between 2011-2013.
- The University of Illinois Police Department has received a report that a student was sexually assaulted at 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday, October 28, in a University residence hall by a person known to the victim.
- The University of Illinois Police Department has received a report that a student was sexually assaulted Sunday, September 20, at an on campus apartment in Urbana by a person known to the victim.
- The following arson took place at 9:38 p.m. on Sunday, September 20, at Wardall Hall, 1010 W. Illinois St., in Urbana: The Urbana Fire Department was dispatched to a small fire on the 8th floor of the building. Someone set papers on a cork board on fire. The fire was extinguished by the time firefighters arrived. This is the second incident to occur on this floor within a week. At 9:45 p.m. on Monday, September 14, a small fire on the 8th floor of the building was extinguished by a resident. Someone set papers in a recycling bin on fire. Investigators believe both fires were set intentionally. No one was injured in either incident.