College of Media News
Click on a headline to read full story.
For Department News or Alumni Notes, use the menu on the right.
College of Media | News
- Nick Ciffone '10 ADV, was part of the team from TBWA Chiat Day that produced two Cannes Lion award-winning ads.
- Alecia Swasy, the Sleeman Scholar of Buseinss Journalsim and Professor in the College of Media, will be presenting a paper, Fry Cook at the Waffle House: How the Boundaries Inside U.S. Newspapers are Shifting in a Digital Age, at a conference in October.
- Professor Lulu Rodriguez, director of the Agricultural Communications Program at the University of Illinois, earned international recognition recently for her teaching skills and contributions.
- Owen Kulemeka ’11 Ph. D., public relations assistant professor with the University of Oklahoma Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communications, passed away unexpectedly over the weekend.
- Jessica Hogue, Director of Career Services in the College of Media, has received the Outstanding New Career Services Professional Award from the Hire Big10+ Consortium.
- Illinois soccer standout and Advertising grad, Emily Zurrer ’09, is a member of the Canadian women’s soccer team participating in the world cup.
- Nick Ciffone '10 ADV, was part of the team from TBWA Chiat Day that produced an award winner at the 2015 One Show.
- Eric Meyer, associate professor in journalism, has been named one of six Scripps Howard Foundation Visiting Professors in Social Media for summer 2015.
Your comments, news items, and Alumni Notes are welcome. Please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org