College of Media News
Click on a headline to read full story.
For Department News or Alumni Notes, use the menu on the right.
College of Media | News
- Alecia Swasy, the Sleeman Scholar of Buseinss Journalsim and Professor in the College of Media, will be presenting a paper, Fry Cook at the Waffle House: How the Boundaries Inside U.S. Newspapers are Shifting in a Digital Age, at a conference in October.
- Professor Lulu Rodriguez, director of the Agricultural Communications Program at the University of Illinois, earned international recognition recently for her teaching skills and contributions.
- Owen Kulemeka ’11 Ph. D., public relations assistant professor with the University of Oklahoma Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communications, passed away unexpectedly over the weekend.
- Jessica Hogue, Director of Career Services in the College of Media, has received the Outstanding New Career Services Professional Award from the Hire Big10+ Consortium.
- Illinois soccer standout and Advertising grad, Emily Zurrer ’09, is a member of the Canadian women’s soccer team participating in the world cup.
- Nick Ciffone '10 ADV, was part of the team from TBWA Chiat Day that produced an award winner at the 2015 One Show.
- Eric Meyer, associate professor in journalism, has been named one of six Scripps Howard Foundation Visiting Professors in Social Media for summer 2015.
- Associate Professor Chris Benson, received a 2014 Peter Lisagor Award from the Chicago Headline Club in the Online: Best Individual Blog category for the “Reasonable Doubt” column he writes for The Chicago Reporter.
Your comments, news items, and Alumni Notes are welcome. Please e-mail us at: email@example.com