College of Media News
Click on a headline to read full story.
For Department News or Alumni Notes, use the menu on the right.
College of Media | News
- 60 Years Later: The Murder of Emmett Till
- Susan Szuch, a sophomore in Journalism, has won a Michael E. DeBakey Award for Journalism & Media Excellence from the Foundation for Biomedical Research.
- International film conference at the Illini Union and the Spurlock Museum on August 27-29, 2015
- The 18th Annual Roger Ebert’s Film Festival has received a 2016 grant from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
- A boy's murder that sparked a movement.
- Members of the Illini Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow (ACT), the flagship student organization of the Agricultural Communications Program, were named National ACT Chapter of the Year during the 17th Ag Media Summit held in Scottsdale, Arizona on July 25-29, 2015.
- Nick Ciffone '10 ADV, was part of the team from TBWA Chiat Day that produced two Cannes Lion award-winning ads.
- Alecia Swasy, the Sleeman Scholar of Buseinss Journalsim and Professor in the College of Media, will be presenting a paper, Fry Cook at the Waffle House: How the Boundaries Inside U.S. Newspapers are Shifting in a Digital Age, at a conference in October.
- Professor Lulu Rodriguez, director of the Agricultural Communications Program at the University of Illinois, earned international recognition recently for her teaching skills and contributions.
Your comments, news items, and Alumni Notes are welcome. Please e-mail us at: email@example.com