College of Media News
Click on a headline to read full story.
For Department News or Alumni Notes, use the menu on the right.
College of Media | News
- Eric Meyer, associate professor in journalism, has been named one of six Scripps Howard Foundation Visiting Professors in Social Media for summer 2015.
- Associate Professor Chris Benson, received a 2014 Peter Lisagor Award from the Chicago Headline Club in the Online: Best Individual Blog category for the “Reasonable Doubt” column he writes for The Chicago Reporter.
- The American Academy of Advertising announced the results of officer elections for the 2016 calendar year. Associate Professor Michelle Nelson will serve as president elect.
- The Dow Jones News Fund announced the names of students who received internships for copy editing, sports copy editing, business editing and digital editing.
- The Lawrence W. Murphy/William W. Alfeld Chapter of Kappa Tau Alpha held its spring induction ceremony.
- University of Illinois students won six awards, including four first places, in this year's Students in the Illinois News Broadcasters Association's S-INBA Awards.
Your comments, news items, and Alumni Notes are welcome. Please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org