College of Media News
Click on a headline to read full story.
For Department News or Alumni Notes, use the menu on the right.
College of Media | News
- The College of Media is pleased to announce a $1 million estate gift that will create a new endowed professorship in the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising.
- The Atlantic Coast Conference announced its 11th annual class of ACC Women's Basketball Legends presented by New York Life. Dr. Janice Collins, Assistant Professor of Journalism, is among the honorees.
- Those video ads playing in the corner of your computer screen, in the midst of your multitasking, may have more impact than you realize. They may be as effective as the ads you’re really watching, such as those during the Super Bowl, says a University of Illinois researcher.
- The man who steered NPR through its worst financial crisis has died. Former WILL General Manager and NPR board chair Donald Mullally led a restructuring of the public radio system and helped build the modern NPR.
- Ten University of Illinois undergraduates have been awarded Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships to study abroad in the spring semester.
- Two projects, submitted by Department of Advertising faculty and staff, have received grant funding from the Office of Public Engagement.
- Eric Reardon, a senior communications major, has established a new registered student organization – Selling Illini.
- The ongoing debate over the Washington NFL team’s name has sparked dramatic nationwide interest in the 1997 documentary “In Whose Honor?” The documentary – written, produced, directed, and edited by Professor Jay Rosenstein – takes a critical look at the long-running practice of "honoring" Native American Indians by using them as mascots and nicknames in sports.
- The National Association of Farm Broadcasters Foundation announced their scholarship recipients at the NAFB Convention. Among the winners was Liz Koehler, a senior studying Agricultural Communications.
Your comments, news items, and Alumni Notes are welcome. Please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org