College of Media News
Click on a headline to read full story.
For Department News or Alumni Notes, use the menu on the right.
College of Media | News
- Owen Kulemeka ’11 Ph. D., public relations assistant professor with the University of Oklahoma Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communications, passed away unexpectedly over the weekend.
- Jessica Hogue, Director of Career Services in the College of Media, has received the Outstanding New Career Services Professional Award from the Hire Big10+ Consortium.
- Illinois soccer standout and Advertising grad, Emily Zurrer ’09, is a member of the Canadian women’s soccer team participating in the world cup.
- Nick Ciffone '10 ADV, was part of the team from TBWA Chiat Day that produced an award winner at the 2015 One Show.
- Eric Meyer, associate professor in journalism, has been named one of six Scripps Howard Foundation Visiting Professors in Social Media for summer 2015.
- Associate Professor Chris Benson, received a 2014 Peter Lisagor Award from the Chicago Headline Club in the Online: Best Individual Blog category for the “Reasonable Doubt” column he writes for The Chicago Reporter.
- The American Academy of Advertising announced the results of officer elections for the 2016 calendar year. Associate Professor Michelle Nelson will serve as president elect.
- The Dow Jones News Fund announced the names of students who received internships for copy editing, sports copy editing, business editing and digital editing.
Your comments, news items, and Alumni Notes are welcome. Please e-mail us at: email@example.com