College of Media News
Click on a headline to read full story.
For Department News or Alumni Notes, use the menu on the right.
College of Media | News
- ‘Doing it all: An exploratory study of predictors of media multitasking’, published in Journal of Interactive Advertising has been included in an online article collection featuring the most downloaded articles published in Routledge Social Sciences journals in 2014.
- The Atlantic Coast Conference announced its 11th annual class of ACC Women's Basketball Legends presented by New York Life. Dr. Janice Collins, Assistant Professor of Journalism, is among the honorees.
- Dr. Janice Collins, Assistant Professor of Journalism, will present her paper, From the Classroom to the Newsroom: Are we training them to be Leaders, at the Broadcast Education Association Convention in April.
- Jay Rosenstein's documentary about American Indian sports mascots, "In Whose Honor?”, is currently being featured on the website of legendary American journalist Bill Moyers.
- The College of Media is pleased to announce a $1 million estate gift that will create a new endowed professorship in the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising.
- Those video ads playing in the corner of your computer screen, in the midst of your multitasking, may have more impact than you realize. They may be as effective as the ads you’re really watching, such as those during the Super Bowl, says a University of Illinois researcher.
- The man who steered NPR through its worst financial crisis has died. Former WILL General Manager and NPR board chair Donald Mullally led a restructuring of the public radio system and helped build the modern NPR.
- Ten University of Illinois undergraduates have been awarded Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships to study abroad in the spring semester.
- Two projects, submitted by Department of Advertising faculty and staff, have received grant funding from the Office of Public Engagement.
Your comments, news items, and Alumni Notes are welcome. Please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org