College of Media News
Click on a headline to read full story.
For Department News or Alumni Notes, use the menu on the right.
College of Media | News
- Assistant Professor of Journalism Charles Ledford led a class that created the mobile app "Virtual Dugout,”which allows fans to follow the university’s baseball team.
- As part of our public engagement mission, the College of Media hosts the Illinois Journalism Education Association fall conference.
- Shachar Meron ’01 ADV, ’02 MS ADV, has joined the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising as a lecturer.
- Dr. Alecia Swasy has joined the College of Media journalism faculty as professor and the Tom and June Netzel Sleeman Scholar in Business Journalism. Swasy has a journalism degree from Pennsylvania State University, and an M.A. in Journalism and Ph.D. in Journalism Studies from the University of Missouri.
- Prof. Benson comments on the coverage of the Aug. 9, shooting of African-American teenager, Michael Brown, in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson.
- The 17th Annual Roger Ebert’s Film Festival has received a 2015 grant from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. The festival, also known as “Ebertfest,” received the grant during a star-studded HFPA grants dinner banquet at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Aug. 14. Chaz Ebert accepted the grant on behalf of the festival.
- Peter Sheldon, lecturer in the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising, has received the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Distinguished Teaching Award in the Advertising Division.
- The Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC) is a nonprofit, educational association of journalism and mass communication educators, students and media professionals. The annual conference, held this year in Montréal, will feature a number of papers and discussion with College of Media professors and students.
Your comments, news items, and Alumni Notes are welcome. Please e-mail us at: email@example.com