College of Media News
Click on a headline to read full story.
For Department News or Alumni Notes, use the menu on the right.
College of Media | News
- University of Illinois broadcast journalism students received a 2014 Crystal Pillar Award from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Mid-America region at the Mid-America Gala held September 27, 2014 in Kansas City.
- The Globe and Mail, Canada’s “newspaper of record,” has published a multimedia story produced by College of Media Journalism student Anna Hecht.
- Assistant Professor of Journalism Charles Ledford led a class that created the mobile app "Virtual Dugout,”which allows fans to follow the university’s baseball team.
- As part of our public engagement mission, the College of Media hosts the Illinois Journalism Education Association fall conference.
- Shachar Meron ’01 ADV, ’02 MS ADV, has joined the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising as a lecturer.
- Dr. Alecia Swasy has joined the College of Media journalism faculty as professor and the Tom and June Netzel Sleeman Scholar in Business Journalism. Swasy has a journalism degree from Pennsylvania State University, and an M.A. in Journalism and Ph.D. in Journalism Studies from the University of Missouri.
- Prof. Benson comments on the coverage of the Aug. 9, shooting of African-American teenager, Michael Brown, in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson.
- The 17th Annual Roger Ebert’s Film Festival has received a 2015 grant from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. The festival, also known as “Ebertfest,” received the grant during a star-studded HFPA grants dinner banquet at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Aug. 14. Chaz Ebert accepted the grant on behalf of the festival.
Your comments, news items, and Alumni Notes are welcome. Please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org