College of Media News
Click on a headline to read full story.
For Department News or Alumni Notes, use the menu on the right.
College of Media | News
- A raucous audience of students, faculty and community members enjoyed an entertaining and enlightening evening at Spurlock Museum.
- “Holocaust and Memory: The Power of the Intimate Story in Our Search for Meaning”
- Two University of Illinois alumni have received The George Polk Award for Local Reporting.
- Imagine this: your film is presented as part of this year’s Super Bowl week activities in Phoenix. Then it’s added to the website of legendary journalist and PBS icon Bill Moyers. For many filmmakers, that could easily be the pinnacle of their careers. But for local documentary filmmaker and University of Illinois Media & Cinema Studies professor Jay Rosenstein, it’s just the latest chapter in the continuing saga of his 18-year-old groundbreaking film about American Indian sports mascots, “In Whose Honor?”.
- On January 13, 2015, College of Media Career Services hosted an event in Chicago - Connecting Students & Alumni in the Windy City. The day was filled with panel discussions and advice on careers, networking and more.
- The cute cat video seems to be everywhere online, and it’s become a handy epithet for everything that journalism should not be. So what should we make of the fact that The New York Times, that paragon of journalism, has written a lot about cats over 140 years?
- ‘Doing it all: An exploratory study of predictors of media multitasking’, published in Journal of Interactive Advertising has been included in an online article collection featuring the most downloaded articles published in Routledge Social Sciences journals in 2014.
- The Atlantic Coast Conference announced its 11th annual class of ACC Women's Basketball Legends presented by New York Life. Dr. Janice Collins, Assistant Professor of Journalism, is among the honorees.
- Dr. Janice Collins, Assistant Professor of Journalism, will present her paper, From the Classroom to the Newsroom: Are we training them to be Leaders, at the Broadcast Education Association Convention in April.
Your comments, news items, and Alumni Notes are welcome. Please e-mail us at: email@example.com