College of Media News
Click on a headline to read full story.
For Department News or Alumni Notes, use the menu on the right.
College of Media | News
- Dr. Jacquie Hitchon has joined the College of Media as professor and head of the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising. Hitchon received her B.A. and M.A. from Oxford University and her MBA and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin where she has been on faculty since that time.
- The College of Media at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and WTVP, Public Media for Central Illinois, announce today that Maurice “Moss” Bresnahan will join the teams at WILL and WTVP. He will serve as President and CEO of both entities starting in September, 2014.
- Christopher Benson, associate professor of journalism, recently delivered a talk at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism on media responsibility in the coverage of the civil rights movement.
- Jeremy Hobson, former WILL staffer and current co-host of WBUR/NPR’s Boston-based weekday news program Here & Now, returns to Urbana to live host the program from WILL’s studios at Campbell Hall for Public Telecommunication on Monday, July 14.
- “Virtual Dugout,” the first mobile app created by the College of Media, is the national winner of the 2014 "Associated Press Media Editors' Student Innovator of the Year" competition. It also tied for third place in the 2014 "Best of the Web - Mobile App" competition sponsored by the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Brant Houston, Professor and Knight Chair of Investigative Reporting, was elected to the newly-created board of directors of the Global Investigative Journalism Network.
- Dr. Jan Slater, Dean of the College of Media, has been elected Vice President of the Association of Schools of Journalism and Mass Communication.
- ADV 490 class experiences the ever-changing industry during study domestic trip
Your comments, news items, and Alumni Notes are welcome. Please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org