Alumni notes are listed chronologically by submission date.
Click Next to scroll to next page; or Previous to go back.
College of Media | Alumni Notes
- Brian Cannon '83 MS JOURNCannon has moved from Honolulu to Southern California. He was previously Assistant Professor and Chair of the Multimedia Programs at Hawai‘i Pacific University in Honolulu and is now an Associate Professor in the Department of Journalism and Integrated Media at Biola University, a Christian university in La Mirada, Calif, which is located a little north of Anaheim. "I believe the position at Biola is a special opportunity for me to enjoy teaching, to hopefully make a positive contribution here, and to continue to grow spiritually and personally," stated Cannon.
- Heidi W. Isenhart, a partner with the law firm of ShuffieldLowman, was recently selected as 2014 Legal Elite attorneys by Florida Trend magazine.
- Meghan O’Kelly was recently named the Young Professional of the Year by the Public Relations Society of America Chicago at the annual Skyline Awards Gala.
- Ted Land '07 JOURNTed Land will be joining KING 5 TV news in Seattle as a multimedia journalist. He will be shooting, writing and editing his own work every day. Ted has been at WSBT-TV in South Bend and recently won an Edward R. Murrow Award. Congrats, Ted!
- Amanda Spizzirri '10 JOURNAmanda recently married Andrew Onak. Amanda works in sales at BNY Mellon Wealth in Chicago.
- Eric Schmidt '95 JOURNEric Schmidt is the new executive director of the Illinois Conservation Foundation. The ICF raises funds to support natural resource conservation and education in the state. Eric had previously worked in several development roles for the Brookfield Zoo, Evans Scholars Foundation and Advocate Health Care.
- Judy Hsu '93 JOURNCongrats to broadcast alumna Judy Hsu of WLS (ABC-7) Chicago. Judy is the new vice-chair to the Chinese American Service League in Chicago. She was nominated by friend/mentor Linda Yu. Judy's been at ABC-7 since 2001.
- Linda Andjelkovich '09 JOURNBroadcast alumnae Linda Andjelkovich married Mike Hall who is on the Big Ten Network. Linda is an account manager at Upshot Marketing in Chicago.
- Robert Lowe '13 JOURNUI journalism alumnus Robert Lowe has his first job in TV!!! Robbie will be the weekend anchor and three day reporter at KTIV-TV (NBC) in Sioux City, Iowa. Robert recently graduated with his master’s degree in journalism from Columbia University in NY. As a senior, Robert was one of the anchors of the UI-7 student TV election coverage in 2012 that won several awards, including an SPJ regional award.
- Tabe Bergman '13 PhDTabe Bergman's first book is forthcoming with VU University Press in Amsterdam: "The Dutch Media Monopoly: A political-economic analysis of the crisis in journalism in the Netherlands." Praise for The Dutch Media Monopoly: "Tabe Bergman has written a pioneering case study and critical analysis of the Dutch news media. [He] has taken the political economy of communication to new places, in the Netherlands and globally. This is first-rate research. We should hope that scholars in other nations will follow his lead." - Robert W. McChesney, Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Your comments, news items, and Alumni Notes are welcome. Please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org