- Top Masters in Education website rankings of the Best Value online Master’s in Education Programs for 2014-2015 are based on cost, quality, and accreditation. These are the lowest priced, highest quality, regionally accredited online M.Ed. programs. University of Illinois at Springfield was ranked #6 and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign was ranked #8.
- The University Scholars Program was designed to attract and keep outstanding faculty members at the University of Illinois. Inaugurated in the fall of 1985, the program identifies the most talented faculty members from many different disciplines – from engineering to the arts and humanities – and encourages continued professional growth and contributions to the University and the public it serves. The program is funded solely by private gifts and provides $15,000 to each scholars for each of three years to use to enhance his or her academic career.
- Travel Award Winners Announced
Congratulations to the recipients of the Fall 2014 President's Research in Diversity Travel Award who were selected from a highly competitve group of seventy applicants. These awards support student candidates who will be presenting papers, posters, or creative work at conferences related to issues of diversity or identity More->
- On September 24, 2014, the University of Illinois Press book “Ray Bradbury Unbound” by Jonathan R. Eller was reviewed in the Washington Post.
- On September 13, 2014, Richard Crepeau was interviewed about the University of Illinois Press book, "NFL Football: A History of America's New National Pastime" on the NPR radio program "Only a Game."