- On May 27, 2015, Bon Appetit Magazine posted included The Land of Milk and Uncle Honey by Alan Guebert with Mary Grace Foxwell in the article “20 New Food Books to Read This Summer.”
- On Tuesday, May 5, 2015, the President's Executive Leadership Program (PELP) visited the Illinois State Capitol Building in Springfield.
- VPPA Pierre Advocates for HEA PrioritiesWith committee consideration of the reauthorization of the Higher Education Act (HEA) right around the corner, VPAA Pierre met with majority and minority staff from the Senate education committee and offices of Senators Mark Kirk and Dick Durbin. He pressed for several UI priorities, including restoring year-round Pell eligibility, mandating the use of prior-prior year income tax data with the FAFSA, and elimination of direct loan origination fees.
- Travel Award Winners Announced
Congratulations to the recipients of the Spring 2015 President's Research in Diversity Travel Award who were selected from a highly competitve group of fifty applicants. These awards support student candidates who will be presenting papers, posters, or creative work at conferences related to issues of diversity or identity More->
- On February 22, 2015, Andy Shaw, President and CEO of the Better Government Association, reviewed the University of Illinois Press book Corrupt Illinois in the Chicago Sun-Times.