- In many field settings, measurements need to be taken on the spot without waiting days to send in and return a lab sample. Cunningham's solution can turn smartphones into biodetectors that can take field measurements on the go without this time lag.
- Announcements, events, and opportunities for members of the Cancer Community at Illinois.
- Deborah Leckband, professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and Graduate Program Director in the Department of Bioengineering, was recently honored as one of the newest Fellows of the Biomedical Engineering Society.
- Dipanjan Pan, assistant professor in Bioengineering, recently was named a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) for his professional contributions to the chemical sciences.
- Rashid Bashir, Bioengineering professor and department head, has been elected a Fellow of the International Academy of Medical and Biological Engineering (IAMBE).