What's New on the IEL Web site...
- The latest IEL Project Quarterly Newsletter (April-June, 2017) contains information for families, teachers, and caregivers of young children.
- A project about insects was completed in a full-day childcare classroom with young children ages 2 and 3 years old. The children and parents learned about the insects who live at home and on the playground.
- The IEL Project May Newsletter is available. Please share it with families and colleagues.
- The latest IEL Project Quarterly Newsletter contains information for families, teachers, and caregivers of young children.
- In her latest blog, Dr. Susan Fowler outlines a variety of different steps caregivers of a child with developmental delays can take to help their child form and enjoy friendships. She also provides a number of IEL and other resources on friendships and social-emotional development.
IEL has created kindergarten Tip Sheets for each of the 14 state readiness measures assessed by the Kindergarten Individual Developmental Survey (KIDS). The Tip Sheets are also available in Spanish).
- Learn how a child's question, "What's that?" started a preschool class project on gardens.
- The Spanish translation of the Early Learning Guidelines for Children Ages Birth to Three is now available as a 5.5” by 8.5” flip book format. Feel free to print the pages yourselves or take them to your local printer.
- The latest edition of the IEL Quarterly Newsletter includes resources for the transition to kindergarten, getting outdoors with young children, and Every Child Healthy activities.
- The IEL Project has added several links to resources for the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards (IELDS) created by the Early Childhood Center for Professional Development in Arlington Heights, IL. Links include crosswalks, posters, performance descriptors, Standards Start at Home Booklet, Benchmark Keywords (ring cards), and more.
Return to the IEL RSS Feed page.