What's New on the IEL Web site...
The May newsletter is now available. Sign up here to receive our monthly newsletter in your inbox.
- The Spanish translation of the Early Learning Guidelines for Children Ages Birth to Three is now available as a 5.5” by 8.5” flip book format. Feel free to print the pages yourselves or take them to your local printer.
- The latest edition of the IEL Quarterly Newsletter includes resources for the transition to kindergarten, getting outdoors with young children, and Every Child Healthy activities.
- Rebecca Swartz, an Early Learning Specialist with the Early Childhood and Parenting (ECAP) Collaborative at the U of I, is the lead author of a study, that shows that a partnership between parent and provider makes transition to child care easier and helps in the child’s development.
- The IEL Project has added several links to resources for the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards (IELDS) created by the Early Childhood Center for Professional Development in Arlington Heights, IL. Links include crosswalks, posters, performance descriptors, Standards Start at Home Booklet, Benchmark Keywords (ring cards), and more.
The FAQ: What is the Kindergarten Entry Age in Illinois? provides answers to questions families may have about starting kindergarten. The IEL Project has an extensive Getting Ready for Kindergarten Resource List.
A resource for families, Standards Start at Home, has been updated to reflect parent/child activities that align with the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards. Activities found in this resource are provided through permission from the national Parents as Teachers and the Academic Development Institute.
- The Illinois Early Learning Project will mail posters and brochures of the Illinois Early Learning Guidelines for Children Ages Birth to Three Years Old (IELGS) free of charge to any address within the state of Illinois. The posters and brochures are available in English and Spanish. Please use the online order form or call us at (877-275-3227).
- The IEL Project staff will be presenting and exhibiting at conferences this spring. We look forward to sharing our resources with you at our conference presentations and our exhibit table.
- Another sample lesson plan on mathematics that corresponds to the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards (IELDS) has been added to the IEL Project website. Like others, the plan includes a list of adaptations that will help teachers tailor the lesson to young children with a variety of learning needs.
Return to the IEL RSS Feed page.