What's New on the IEL Web site...
- IEL is introducing a new set of videos that show caregivers helping children meet standards in the Illinois Early Learning Guidelines for Children Birth to Age 3. These videos—filmed in a child care setting—provide some brief background information, a transcript, and a description of strategies for intervention that teachers or caregivers used in the video. Three videos, ranging from about a minute to a little more than 3 minutes long, are available. Most videos in the future will be less than a minute long. We believe these videos will be a valuable resource for program directors, infant/toddler teachers, coaches, and teacher educators.
- The latest edition of the IEL Project's Quarterly Newsletter is now available.
- The September 2014 edition of the Illinois Early Learning News is now available on the IEL Project Web site. Please share the newsletter with parents, teachers, and caregivers of young children in Illinois.
- The Illinois Early Learning Project is excited to offer a new resource for teachers and caregivers of young children. We will post a series of sample lesson plans that correspond to the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards (IELDS). The first two lesson plans address IELDS Math benchmarks.
- The latest edition of the monthly IEL Project Newsletter is now available.
- Are you starting a project with young children in your classroom? There are 11 Tip Sheets you may find helpful as you get project work underway this school year. They are available in English, Spanish and Polish.
- In her latest blog about Teaching and Parenting Young Children with Special Needs Dr. Susan Fowler describes how the use of visual schedules and checklists can assist young children with special needs as they transition through daily routines at home and at school. Several resources are provided that give examples of visual schedules for children.
- The latest edition of the IEL Project Quarterly News is now available.
The Illinois Early Learning (IEL) Project has revised 72 Polish Tip Sheets to align them with the benchmarks under the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards. You can see all Tip Sheets that have been aligned with the 2013 benchmarks by visiting our web page that lists the 72 Tip Sheets.
- The latest issue of the IEL Project newsletter is now available.
Return to the IEL RSS Feed page.