What's New on the IEL Web site...
- The IEL Monthly Newsletter is now available on the website.
- IEL Project staff continue to add adapted lesson plans aligned to the IELDS Benchmarks. Check out the latest plans for addressing two of the IELDS Social Studies Benchmarks.
- The IEL Quarterly Newsletter is now available. The newsletter includes Rebecca's blog, resources about technology and young children's development, and a link to the Dept. of Ed Early Language & Literacy Series modules.
Susan Fowler's latest blog focuses on the IEL Project Tip Sheets. There are over 180 tip sheets on various early learning and development topics. Use the search engine to download Tip Sheets to share with families, caregivers, and teachers of young children.
- The modules are innovative professional development resources for busy early childhood educators. Each module focuses on a specific Illinois Early Learning Benchmark. The first two modules focus on Math Benchmarks 10.B.ECa and 10.B.ECb.
- The IEL Project has added several links to resources for the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards (IELDS) created by the Early Childhood Center for Professional Development in Arlington Heights, IL. Links include crosswalks, posters, performance descriptors, Standards Start at Home Booklet, Benchmark Keywords (ring cards), and more.
- In her recent blog, Dr. Susan Fowler discusses how reading stories to babies can stimulate their brain development. Reading aloud to babies and toddlers is one of the most important daily activities for parents and caregivers to do with their children.
The FAQ: What is the Kindergarten Entry Age in Illinois? provides answers to questions families may have about starting kindergarten. The IEL Project has an extensive Getting Ready for Kindergarten Resource List.
- Dr. Lilian Katz has written a report for the nonprofit group Defend the Early Years. In her report Dr. Katz discusses the difference between academic goals and intellectual goals for young children.
- The latest edition of the IEL Project Quarterly Newsletter is now available. This newsletter highlights information about early care and education news and resources for teachers, parents, and caregivers.
Return to the IEL RSS Feed page.