What's New on the IEL Web site...
- The latest project on the ILPIP website focuses on how families celebrate birthdays. Many thanks to our friends at the Illinois State University Child Care Center for submitting this wonderful project.
- Take a look at the IEL Project June Newsletter. Please share our newsletter with families, friends, and colleagues.
- The latest edition of the IEL Quarterly Newsletter is now available on the website. It's full of great ideas for summer fun as well as information about IEL resources and national resources of interest to parents, teachers, and caregivers.
We are excited about our newest resource, Illinois Early Learning Moments. Using videos and developmental information, the Illinois Early Learning Moments demonstrate the strategies for interaction outlined in the Illinois Early Learning Guidelines (IELGs).
- The Spanish translation of the Early Learning Guidelines for Children Ages Birth to Three is now available as a 5.5” by 8.5” flip book format. Feel free to print the pages yourselves or take them to your local printer.
- The latest edition of the IEL Quarterly Newsletter includes resources for the transition to kindergarten, getting outdoors with young children, and Every Child Healthy activities.
- The IEL Project has added several links to resources for the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards (IELDS) created by the Early Childhood Center for Professional Development in Arlington Heights, IL. Links include crosswalks, posters, performance descriptors, Standards Start at Home Booklet, Benchmark Keywords (ring cards), and more.
The FAQ: What is the Kindergarten Entry Age in Illinois? provides answers to questions families may have about starting kindergarten. The IEL Project has an extensive Getting Ready for Kindergarten Resource List.
A resource for families, Standards Start at Home, has been updated to reflect parent/child activities that align with the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards. Activities found in this resource are provided through permission from the national Parents as Teachers and the Academic Development Institute.
- The Illinois Early Learning Project will mail posters and brochures of the Illinois Early Learning Guidelines for Children Ages Birth to Three Years Old (IELGS) free of charge to any address within the state of Illinois. The posters and brochures are available in English and Spanish. Please use the online order form or call us at (877-275-3227).
Return to the IEL RSS Feed page.