What's New on the IEL Web site...
- Revised Tip Sheets
- The IEL Project January Newsletter is now available. Please share it with parents, caregivers, and teachers of young children.
IEL has created kindergarten Tip Sheets for each of the 14 state readiness measures assessed by the Kindergarten Individual Developmental Survey (KIDS). The Tip Sheets are also available in Spanish).
- The IEL Quarterly News is now available. We provide evidence-based information for parents, teachers, and caregivers of young children. Make a New Year's resolution to share our website with friends and colleagues.
- Learn how a child's question, "What's that?" started a preschool class project on gardens.
- In her latest blog, Dr. Lilian Katz discusses how the use of Project Work engages children in intellectual development through meaningful learning experiences.
- The Spanish translation of the Early Learning Guidelines for Children Ages Birth to Three is now available as a 5.5” by 8.5” flip book format. Feel free to print the pages yourselves or take them to your local printer.
- The latest edition of the IEL Quarterly Newsletter includes resources for the transition to kindergarten, getting outdoors with young children, and Every Child Healthy activities.
- The IEL Project has added several links to resources for the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards (IELDS) created by the Early Childhood Center for Professional Development in Arlington Heights, IL. Links include crosswalks, posters, performance descriptors, Standards Start at Home Booklet, Benchmark Keywords (ring cards), and more.
The FAQ: What is the Kindergarten Entry Age in Illinois? provides answers to questions families may have about starting kindergarten. The IEL Project has an extensive Getting Ready for Kindergarten Resource List.
Return to the IEL RSS Feed page.