What's New on the IEL Web site...
- The Illinois Early Learning Project will mail posters and brochures of the Illinois Early Learning Guidelines for Children Ages Birth to Three Years Old (IELGS) free of charge to any address within the state of Illinois. The posters and brochures are available in English and Spanish. Please use the online order form or call us at (877-275-3227).
- The IEL Project staff will be presenting and exhibiting at conferences this spring. We look forward to sharing our resources with you at our conference presentations and our exhibit table.
- Another sample lesson plan on mathematics that corresponds to the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards (IELDS) has been added to the IEL Project website. Like others, the plan includes a list of adaptations that will help teachers tailor the lesson to young children with a variety of learning needs.
- In her latest blog Dr. Lilian Katz shares her thoughts on the role of insight in decision-making in early childhood teaching.
- The Illinois Early Learning Project Quarterly News (October-December, 2014) is available. Articles include information about ENTICE Workshops for teachers, Screen Sense Guide from Zero to Three, Dr. Jean Mendoza's blog on Play and many other items of interest to families of young children and the early care and education community.
- The latest edition of the Illinois Early Learning News is available. Please share the newsletter with parents, teachers, and caregivers of young children.
- In her latest blog, Dr. Susan Fowler discusses the importance of making all children feel welcome and accepted in preschool. She describes important values that are necessary to ensure success for all children.
- Teaching Strategies GOLD and the Illinois Work Sampling System (5th Ed.) have developed documents showing the alignment between assessment items and the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Benchmarks (IELDS). The IEL Project has posted links to these documents under the heading Additional Resources located on the IELDS Web page.
- IEL is introducing a new set of videos that show caregivers helping children meet standards in the Illinois Early Learning Guidelines for Children Birth to Age 3. These videos—filmed in a child care setting—provide some brief background information, a transcript, and a description of strategies for intervention that teachers or caregivers used in the video. Three videos, ranging from about a minute to a little more than 3 minutes long, are available. Most videos in the future will be less than a minute long. We believe these videos will be a valuable resource for program directors, infant/toddler teachers, coaches, and teacher educators.
- The latest edition of the IEL Project's Quarterly Newsletter is now available.
Return to the IEL RSS Feed page.