What's New on the IEL Web site...
- The latest edition of the Illinois Early Learning Project Newsletter is available on the IEL Web site. The latest newsletter contains links to a new IEL Project video about block play, two new Tip Sheets, Susan Fowler's Blog and other resources for parents, caregivers, and teachers.
- In her latest blog, Dr. Susan Fowler describes how to use simple visual schedules or checklists with young children with special needs. Several excellent resources are provided that can assist teachers and parents to create visual schedules for young children.
The latest IEL Project Tip Sheet, "Small Child, Big Stress?" is now available on the IEL Project web site in Chinese. Just as adults experience stress in their lives, so do young children. Parents and caregivers can help young children cope with stress in healthy ways. This Tip Sheet is also available in English and Spanish.
- In her latest blog Dr. Lilian Katz addresses selecting a topic for a class project. She explains how the use of a narrative title can enhance the children's engagement in project work.
In a webinar "Supporting Children’s Social Development," Dr. Lilian Katz discusses ways of defining social competence in the early years, provides an overview of what the research indicates must be achieved in the early years, and indicates ways that adults—parents and professionals—can support and strengthen this important aspect of young children’s development. Sponsored by Illinois Resource Center: Early Childhood Professional Development and Illinois STARNET Region II.
A NEW IEL Project Tip Sheet, "Small Child, Big Stress?" is now available on the IEL Project web site. Just as adults experience stress in their lives, so do young children. Parents and caregivers can help young children cope with stress in healthy ways. This Tip Sheet is also available in Spanish.
The Illinois Early Learning (IEL) Project has revised five Chinese Tip Sheets and six Korean Tip Sheets to align them with new benchmarks under the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards. You can see all Tip Sheets that have been aligned with the 2013 benchmarks by visiting our web page that lists the 72 Tip Sheets.
- The latest edition of the IEL Quarterly News is now available on the IEL Web site. This issue contains information of interest to teachers, parents, and caregivers of young children throughout Illinois, including an update on ExceleRate and a new blog from IEL's Jean Mendoza.
- The latest issue of the online journal, Early Childhood Research and Practice (ECRP) is now available. This latest issue is focused on the landscape of early care and education in the state of Illinois.
Return to the IEL RSS Feed page.