What's New on the IEL Web site...
- The Illinois Early Learning Project Quarterly News (October-December, 2014) is available. Articles include information about ENTICE Workshops for teachers, Screen Sense Guide from Zero to Three, Dr. Jean Mendoza's blog on Play and many other items of interest to families of young children and the early care and education community.
- The latest edition of the Illinois Early Learning News is available. Please share the newsletter with parents, teachers, and caregivers of young children.
- In her latest blog, Dr. Susan Fowler discusses the importance of making all children feel welcome and accepted in preschool. She describes important values that are necessary to ensure success for all children.
- Teaching Strategies GOLD and the Illinois Work Sampling System (5th Ed.) have developed documents showing the alignment between assessment items and the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Benchmarks (IELDS). The IEL Project has posted links to these documents under the heading Additional Resources located on the IELDS Web page.
- IEL is introducing a new set of videos that show caregivers helping children meet standards in the Illinois Early Learning Guidelines for Children Birth to Age 3. These videos—filmed in a child care setting—provide some brief background information, a transcript, and a description of strategies for intervention that teachers or caregivers used in the video. Three videos, ranging from about a minute to a little more than 3 minutes long, are available. Most videos in the future will be less than a minute long. We believe these videos will be a valuable resource for program directors, infant/toddler teachers, coaches, and teacher educators.
- The latest edition of the IEL Project's Quarterly Newsletter is now available.
- The Illinois Early Learning Project is excited to offer a new resource for teachers and caregivers of young children. We will post a series of sample lesson plans that correspond to the 2013 Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards (IELDS). The first two lesson plans address IELDS Math benchmarks.
- The September 2014 edition of the Illinois Early Learning News is now available on the IEL Project Web site. Please share the newsletter with parents, teachers, and caregivers of young children in Illinois.
- The latest edition of the monthly IEL Project Newsletter is now available.
- Are you starting a project with young children in your classroom? There are 11 Tip Sheets you may find helpful as you get project work underway this school year. They are available in English, Spanish and Polish.
Return to the IEL RSS Feed page.