Click the titles below to see the full article.
- Since 1910 the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has claimed to be the originator of Homecoming. Is it true? The answer is complicated.
- Having a student farm isn’t what distinguishes the University of Illinois from its peers. Many institutions across the country have some version of a student farm. It’s the multi-disciplinary collaborations that make Illinois’ farm a real agricultural gem.
- University of Illinois theatre professor Lisa Dixon prepares to address new students at Convocation on August 22. Her speech, Mix-tape 2018, will feature a variety of music.
- An office with a window can improve your sleep and your quality of life, according to a new study co-authored by Mohamed Boubekri, a professor of architecture at the University of Illinois.
- Sue Wood, a former analytical chemist with a Ph.D. in plant pathology, has been playing the chimes in Alteld Hall's bell tower for 43 years.
- Events surrounding 2014 Commencement exercises on the weekend of May 16 - 18, 2014, include opportunities to hear from both Col. Mike Hopkins and his wife, Julie.
- The brainchild of ACES’ student advancement committee, the month-long “I Pay It Forward: Students Supporting Students” campaign hoped to provide at least one scholarship funded by student donations, according to ACES associate director of advancement Stacey Cole. They got more than 1,100 donors – the majority of whom were fellow Illinois students – and raised about $15,000 in 30 days to support need-based scholarships for agriculture students.
- These two brothers, both University of Illinois alumni, are starring in current Broadway shows – Brandon as Martin Luther King Jr. in “All the Way” with Bryan Cranston, and Jason opposite Denzel Washington in “A Raisin in the Sun.”
- From Illinois to Pakistan, popular sport brings students, staff together through campus cricket club.
- A list of items included in the Alma Mater time capsule.