Click the titles below to see the full article.
- A University Housing program places plaques on the doors of residence hall rooms that were previously occupied by an Illinois student who went on to fabulous fame.
- A new Certificate of Undergraduate Research can be attained by students earning a bachelor’s degree who have made research a central component of their college education.
- An anthropologist unearths disturbing trends in sexual assaults at field sites — and suspects she’s just scratching the surface.
- Q& A with reindeer expert Clifford Shipley. He is a clinical professor of veterinary medicine at Illinois and the primary veterinarian for Hardy’s Reindeer Ranch.
- A look at the Student Life and Culture Archival Program at the University of Illinois Library Archives.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has announced that it will ban trans fats. That's great news to the 99 year old researcher who has led the fight against trans fats for decades.
- A new report from The Science Coalition highlights two spin-off companies founded at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Illinois is being recognized by Insight Into Diversity magazine as a recipient of their 2013 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award. Illinois was one of 55 schools honored by the magazine and received one of the highest rankings on this year’s list.
- Jack McDermott, of Mokena, Ill., was named King Dad by the U. of I. Dad Association at its annual Dads Day weekend welcome reception on Sept. 27.
- University of Illinois student and wheelchair athlete Tatyana McFadden not only won the Chicago Marathon on October 13, but also set two records in doing so.