Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center News
Current Events Roundtable: State Capacity at the Border: Relinquishing or Reinforcing Contentious Border Regions
Published Date:January 13, 2017
Published Date: January 13, 2017
REEEC Winter Reception (12/7/2016)
Published Date:December 1, 2016
Please join us for the REEEC Winter Reception to celebrate the end of the fall semester! Refreshments will be served, and a cash bar will be available. Family members and guests are welcome to attend. This year's festivities will be held:
Wednesday, December 7, 4:00 - 6:00 PM
Illini Rooms A & B of the Illini Union
1401 W. Green St., Urbana, IL 61801
We hope to see YOU there!
Published Date: December 1, 2016
REEEC New Directions Lecture, Oct. 20
Published Date:October 19, 2016
Published Date: October 19, 2016
Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship Information Sessions, Oct. 26-27 at 4 PM
Published Date:October 17, 2016
Published Date: October 17, 2016
Job Announcement: Outreach and Programming Coordinator for the Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center (REEEC) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Published Date:October 6, 2016
The Outreach and Programming Coordinator works with the Director and Associate Director in the development, planning, organizing, and implementation of the Center's outreach activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop, initiate and oversee projects for REEEC-related outreach programming that includes campus, K-12, community college, business and media communities.
• Manage Center programs and projects under the direction of the Associate Director, with primary responsibility for organizing and executing visits by speakers, conferences, workshops, and public events.
• Organize and execute the activities of the Summer Research Laboratory.
• Provide direct supervision of graduate outreach and SRL assistants.
• Organize and supervise data entry and draft narrative for grant administration and reporting.
• Develop ideas for programming and draft parts of major center grant proposals.
• Work with other area studies personnel and faculty to design, coordinate, staff, and implement joint outreach activities (public and special events).
• Act as liaison to campus and university outreach community to develop collaborative activities and shared service.
• Build relationships with constituent communities by attending educational events and community programs and publicizing Center activities.
• Provide FLAS fellowship program support as needed.
• Act for the Associate Director, as necessary.
For more information and to apply, please see http://go.illinois.edu/REEECOutreachCoordinator
Published Date: October 6, 2016