This page lists resources offered to help Illinois faculty carry out instruction. See also the campus faculty-specific information page.
This campus-wide service unit is responsible for assisting faculty, academic units, and teaching assistants in improving instruction. The staff consults and advises on a wide variety of instructional issues. CTE may be reached at 217-333-3370.
- Undergraduate Library Reserves Desk
Online and in Library Reserve Material
Classrooms, requesting training and codes, 333-8165.
Online learning, course management systems, 244-7000.
Computer labs for instruction
Course management tools (WebCT, Blackboard); requirements, registration, and grades; distance learning.
Provides faculty and staff with a wide range of instructional support services aimed at the design, development, implementation, and management of effective online and blended courses.
Provides imaging facilities for researchers using the Microscopy Suite and the Visualization, Media, and Imaging Laboratory (VMIL). ITG develops advanced imaging technologies with an emphasis on projects in remote and automated instrument control.
- ACES Academic Computing Facility provides College of ACES faculty and students with an instructional facility for teaching computer-based classes as well as general access to computer lab equipment and software.
- Applied Technologies for Learning in the Arts and Sciences (ATLAS) in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) supports the technology needs of students and faculty for both teaching and research.
- Educational Technologies Center for the School of Life Sciences is a resource for faculty and staff within the School to explore the use of new technologies in teaching.
- Office of Continuing Engineering Education (OCEE) provides educational programs on a continuing basis to practicing engineers, especially those in Illinois. In pursuit of this mission, the OCEE offers both credit and noncredit courses utilizing the outstanding faculty and facilities of the college.
- Office of Educational Technologies provides active leadership, valuable resources, and quality support to enable College of Education faculty, staff, and students to improve research, to enhance teaching and learning, and to facilitate service through the use of technology.
- Office for Mathematics, Science and Technology Education supports activities to promote communication and collaboration among the many campus projects in mathematics, science and technology education.