Frequently Asked QuestionS

How do I get help with an application or admissions question?

Check the Office of Admissions and Records for detailed information including admissions email and postal mail addresses and phone numbers.

I forgot my password!

Take your campus ID to the CITES Help Desk, operated by Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services, and located in the Digital Computer Lab building, room 1211. Proceed to the account services desk.

How do I correct my entry in the Student/Staff directory?

The Electronic Directory Editor provides a way to update some fields in the phonebook. See the Guide to the Electronic Directory for help on updating other fields.

How do I contact a campus organization?

The campus units list links to hundreds of office and organizational Web sites. Those sites often list a number of contacts. Also try a search of the campus Directory. Links to registered student organizations are listed on the Web also. There is also a quick list of key campus contacts.

How can I contact the Web site manager?

The University of Illinois has many web managers, who are responsible for the university's many sites. You can contact some web managers through an email link that appears at the bottom of their organization's main page or on a comment or feedback page. To find an organization, check the campus units list, or search the Directory.

Where can I find an email or mailing address or phone number?

Addresses of people and campus organizations are best found by searching the campus Directory . Also check key campus contacts, the campus units list, and the campus map.

Where do I find answers to my computing questions?

Try Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services (CITES), for information about computing and telecommunications. CITES provides services and support to students, faculty, and staff. Also see CITES Contact Information.

Where do I email general opinions, comments, or questions about the University?

Email Public Affairs or the Chancellor at

Who do I contact with a copyright question about the campus Web?

Send email to the campus copyright representative at Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act provides regulatory guidance for Internet Service Providers. In response to this act, a campus Web copyright representative is available in the Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services office.

How do I arrange a campus visit?

Contact the Campus Visits: 901 W. Illinois Street, Urbana, IL 61801. Phone: 217-333-0824. Make reservations. The Office of Admissions and Records has information about campus visits.

Where can I get a calendar of campus holidays and semesters?

Academic calendars are maintained by the Faculty/Student Senate. See also list of campus holidays.

What time does the game start?

The Fighting Illini Web site posts game times and much more, including live audio.

What are the library hours?

The campus library posts operating hours, phone numbers, and special holiday schedules for over 60 campus library locations.

Where do I get help with travel directions to the campus?

Try the travel directions page and related information.