Campus Tours

  Hallene Gateway
previous Hallene Gateway
  Fountain behind Hallene Gateway
  Hallene Gateway
 
Hallene Gateway  
 
next  

Hallene Gateway


The pillars forming this archway were originally located on University Hall, the first building on what later became the Quadrangle. University Hall was demolished in 1938, but the pillars escaped destruction and were discovered lying hidden in weeds at nearby Allerton Park. The plaza is the focal point of the east entry to the campus.  



>> next stop: Music Building
 
 
Related Information
Audio

Listen to David Garner who led the efforts to excavate the portal of University Hall used in the creation of the Hallene Gateway