WebTools Online Training
It is STRONGLY advised that Internet Explorer or Safari are used when connecting with Lync application in Windows.
- PC Users: Use either Internet Explorer or Safari when connecting to a Lync meeting if you have Lync 2010/2013 installed. Firefox and Chrome have issues recognizing that Lync is installed and try to force the web interface on users who don't require it.
- MAC Users: Regardless of whether you have Lync 2010/2013 installed, the browsers are unable to recognize the Lync application and redirect you to the web interface. Thus, feel free to use any browser of your choice, but we'd recommend Safari or Firefox as they have been tested.
Joining a training session
- All users click this link: http://go.illinois.edu/JoinTrainingNow
- UIC and UIS users must also dial in at 217-332-6338, 312-994-8410, or 888-983-3631 and then enter the conference ID: 6629049
Joining a training session without Lync
- User should receive an email containing the link to the online meeting.
After clicking the link, a web interface requesting credentials should appear.
- If you use Lync but are on a computer without it, simply fill out the form with your credentials and click Join the meeting. (No further instructions needed)
- Otherwise, click the Are you a guest to this meeting? Sign in here instead. link.
- It will ask for a guest username that should be filled out. It's also important to ensure that the Install Lync Web App plug-in is checked. Click Join the meeting.
- At this point, a file will request to be downloaded. It is necessary for Lync Web App to work. Once you are done with the installation, the plug-in will redirect to another page.
- The last step is to click "Allow" when the plugin requests to run. After this has been done, you should see the web interface appear.
About online training audio
Web Services will utilize Microsoft Lync for conducting online training. The Urbana campus can click the "joinTrainingNow" link above which will activate their video and phone. UIC and UIS users likely will not have Lync installed and will have to dial in seperately to access the audio portion of the training.
After joining the online training session Urbana campus users' phones will be muted by default. We ask that you only unmute your phones during the Q & A period or if you have a specific question about something being presented. After asking your question we will ask that you mute your phone again.