University and College Rankings
At Illinois we measure success by the impact our students, faculty and alumni have in the world. Our focus is on providing transformational learning experiences – in the classroom and out of it. And when you do this for nearly 150 years, people take notice.
U.S. News & World Report
In its 2015 rankings, U.S.News & World Report's America's Best Colleges rated Illinois as the number 11 public university and the number 41 national university.
According to the 2014 - 2015 U.S.News & World Report's graduate and undergraduate rankings: (If noted otherwise, it is the most recent information available.)
- The Graduate School of Library and Information Science's program is 1st in the nation.
- The College of Engineering is ranked 6th in both undergraduate and graduate programs nationally.
- The Department of Accounting ranks 2nd nationally in undergraduate programs.
- The College of Education is ranked 26th in graduate programs nationally.
- The Department of Civil Engineering is 1st in graduation programs nationally.
- The campus is 1st in undergraduate engineering science and engineering physics.
- The campus ranks 1st in the study of condensed matter physics.
2015 U.S. News America's Best Colleges - Full Undergraduate Rankings for Colleges and Departments (html)
U.S. News Historical Rankings
Open Doors - International Excellence
Open Doors ranks Illinois second (first among public universities) in the number of international students and 13th in the nations "top 20 Doctoral/Research Institution" for total number of study abroad students.
Peace Corps Volunteers
Illinois ranked 20th in the nation among major universities in the number of undergraduate alumni who joined the Peace Corps in 2011.
More High Rankings From National and International Institutions
In 2014, The Times Higher Education World University Rankings list Illinois as 29th in the world, 7th among American public universities.
In 2014, the Institute for Higher Education at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Academic Ranking of World Universities) ranked Illinois as the 28th best university in the world and 9th among American public universities.
This content managed and updated by Public Affairs.