Step by step guide to creating a newsletter using the Email+ Wizard, adding content, social media, and anchors to content:
1. Create new Email
2. Select Email+ Wizard and click continue
3. Subject and From Email: Enter "Subject" and "From Email" - both of these are required fields. You can choose if you would like your email to go out to different groups in the "Choose groups" section by selecting a group from the dropdown box, and clicking "Add".
4. Setting up a Subscribe/Unsubscribe: On the General tab, you must choose a group for people to subscribe to or unsubscribe from. Once you choose the group, click the add button. After that, click the "subscription" sub-tab near the top. Under 'Add Subscribe Link', select YES. Then, choose the group you want people to be able to subscribe to. Under the 'Unsubscribe Options' select UNSUBSCRIBE. Save your email.
5. Appearance Tab: Go to the appearance tab, and select the skin you would like to use from the list of skins. You can always preview your email by clicking the "View" sub-tab at the top.
6. Putting together your message:
Go to the Message tab. From here, you will be building your email step by step, adding different elements one by one. First, you want to start out by clicking the dropdown box that says "Insert". You will see a list of different elements to add, and this guide will explain each one step by step.
(1)Title: Typically, you want to add the Title (h1) element first. When you select the title-h1 from the dropdown box, a new page will load with two small text boxes. In the first text field, you write what you want your title to be. In the "Link URL" field, you can make your title a clickable link by adding a URL you want people to be taken to (for example, if I enter http://www.nba.com in the field, people that click my title will be taken there.) You can also choose different colors and sizes for your title.
(2) Heading: You can use multiple headings to help separate content in your email. The heading is like mini version of the title, and has the same setup menu as the title.
(3)Content: This is the most important part of your email. You will most likely be inserting multiple content blocks depending on how many different sections your email has.There is a large text box with many ways to customize your content. You can enter a title, title URL, and byline. A title is optional, but recommended (you can enter something and uncheck the little "Display title" box if you do not want it showing).
(4)Spacer - This element spaces out your email to make it look a little better. You can add them individually, or ignore them until you are done with the email, and then click the little "insert spacers" link at the top right (recommended).
(5)Line - This element adds a horizontal line to your email. You can choose the color and height of the line.
(6)Anchors - This element allows you to basically set up a link somewhere in your email that will link you to another section of your email. A common use for this is to insert anchors at the top of a page (like a table of contents), which link to different sections of content within the email. When you select anchors, you can choose what you want your Anchor label to be (the text people will click to go to the content), and then choose the element you want it to be connected with(heading, content, etc.). You can also move the anchors around if you have more than one by using the arrows that appear, so you can order them alphabetically, or however you want.
(7) Social media - This element allows you to add several social media icons to your email. You enter a label, and the URL that you want to link to (for example, www.facebook.com/something). You can choose different alignment for the icons (horizontal or vertical), and different icon sizes by choosing the Icon type.
7. Finishing up your email, and spacing it:
As mentioned earlier, it is recommended to have spacers in your email to make it look better. Once you are done putting in all the different elements of your email, you can click the “delete spacers” button on the top right to get rid of any existing spacers, then click the “insert spacers” button to insert them, and doing it this way makes sure that you have one spacer between each element, and none were forgotten.
8. Sending your email:
On every screen in the Email+ tool, you have a button that says “Send Test Email”. Clicking this will send you a test email so you can view what your email looks like. *You must have a “From Email” entered on the General tab in order to send emails*. To send the actual email, you go to the “Send” tab, click the green button that says “Final Check before ending”. Once you are sure everything looks right, click the “Send Email Now” button at the bottom, and your email will be sent shortly afterwards.