First of all, Congrats to all our perspective students who will be a part of our MS-TM family for one complete year. And it is almost time for all the current students to say goodbye ( I dont want to senti...) ok, coming back to all our perspective students, this blog is especially dedicated to you guys.
The whole idea behind this blog is to help you with a checklist & some of the available housing options. Check out the FAQs on the MS-TM, Grad College and ISSS websites. Also a lot of the Student Organizations have great tips on their sites.
Ask questions, surf, be ready to study A LOT and have fun.
A Fact about Champaign: Talking about Champaign let me tell you one thing, Champaign has got very extreme weather conditions. In summer the temp raises to high of 100 F and in winter the temperature goes as low as -10 F. And in between there can be heavy rain showers or beautiful, blue skies.
As most of you are coming from abroad, we have prepared a comprehensive checklist in order to help you. Apart from bringing all the Original Certificates, Passport (with VISA-Stamp), I-20, Ticket, money (USD), Traveler’s Cheques, Admission letter, International Driving License, Gre + Toefl Score, remember to bring any required documents such as u’grad transcripts, diploma, etc. Apart from Documents, please make sure that you bring prescribed medicines for yourself like cold, cough, nausea, headache etc. To add on this, please bring some toiletries, utensils and linens for your initial usage at least.
Every student needs a laptop, more & more students are using netbooks and some wait to buy them until they are on campus. The MS-TM has a student printer so you may decide you do not need one. Bring a camera and get a facebook account so you can join the MS-TM group. A few of you have already begun communicating!
Note: Due to weight restriction and restricted items you will not be able to bring everything. Please contact your airline office early to know the details.
There are a lot of choices for apartments and you can live alone or with roommates. Here is a short list of names & numbers for Apartment Rental Agencies:
1. Campus Property Management Main Office: 303 E. Green Street, Champaign, IL 61820, United States Phone: +1-217-328-3030
2. University Group Address: 309 S 1st St, Champaign, IL 61820-4164, United States Phone: +1-217-352-3182
3. Barr Real Estate Address: 1710 S Neil St # 3, Champaign, IL 61820-7234, United States Phone: +1-217-356-1873
4. Roland Realty Inc Address: 212 E Green St, Champaign, IL 61820-5607, United States Phone: +1-217-328-1226
5. Ramshaw Real Estate Address: 1817 South Neil Street, Champaign, IL-61820, United States Phone:+1-217-359-6400