Illinois International Programs (IIP) is now accepting applications for two faculty and staff funding opportunities. These grants are awarded to support international conference travel and internationally-themed events. The original source of these funds is an endowment initiated by a grant from the Hewlett Foundation that was matched by private donations and University funds.
IIP International Conference Travel Grant
The IIP International Conference Travel Grant is available for travel and related expenses for purposes of presenting at an internationally-themed conference that takes place outside the United States.
- Available to full-time, pre-tenure faculty members;
- Grant amounts may range from $500 to $2,000 per award;
- Applicants must secure at least 20% support for costs from their department and/or college;
- Individuals who receive grant funding may only reapply for a new grant three years after initial funding is given, and
- Grant applications are accepted on an ongoing basis but must be received a minimum of three weeks prior to the event taking place in order to be considered.
IIP Internationally-Themed Event Grant
The IIP Internationally-Themed Event Grant is available to support programs held in Urbana-Champaign that have an overall international theme.
- Events may include cultural programs and activities, conferences, symposia, and educational outreach events geared towards students and/or the community;
- Funding amounts for these programmatic events depend on the nature and scope of the activity, but will not exceed $1,000;
- Departments and units can only apply once annually (July 1 – June 30) per event type or series - open houses and receptions are not eligible for grant funding;
- Grant applications are accepted on an ongoing basis but must be received at least six weeks prior (but no longer than one year prior) to the event taking place in order to be considered, and
- Recipients of this grant must include formal acknowledgement of IIP sponsorship on materials and communications about the even.
For more information, visit: http://go.illinois.edu/IIPgrants.
Questions about the grant or the application process may be directed to email@example.com or (217) 333-6104.