On July 22, 2010, the production version of the DNS Web Interface (Proteus) will be upgraded to the latest release from the vendor (220.127.116.11).
On July 22, 2010, the production version of the DNS Web Interface (Proteus) at https://dns.cites.illinois.edu/ will be upgraded from the current release (18.104.22.168) to the latest release from the vendor (22.214.171.124). This new version will have an updated GUI as well as several bug fixes, including:
- The “Favorites” list no longer truncates domains.
- The “export to CSV” feature has been fixed and now works properly in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- When clicking on the DNSSEC tab from the IP side, an error is no longer received.
A few new features will also be available in this new version, such as:
- You can now sort DNS records by record type.
- Moveable dashboard widgets
- Support for SPF record type
Known issues still remaining with the new version of Proteus are:
- Whenever a user tries to “Move” or “Duplicate” a host record, an error occurs that says “You do not have access to carry out that action on this entity” even if contact manager permissions are correct.
- The “export to CSV” feature displays the CSV file on the screen in Safari rather than allowing it to be downloaded as a file.
- Deleting an IP address from the IP side does not warn users that dependent records will also be deleted. (e.g., CNAMES, MX etc).
- Adding a MAC address to a host is not permitted and will result in an error that says “You do not have access to carry out that action on this entity”.
If you would like a sneek-peak of the new Proteus prior to July 22, the newest version is now installed on the Dev Proteus, available at:
As with the production version, you can use your AD credentials to log in. As always, if you have questions or feedback please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment.