2015 Homecoming Departmental Co-sponsorships
Homecoming 2015 - October 12-17, 2015
The UIS Homecoming Committee is seeking proposals from campus departments for events for Homecoming 2015 which will run from Monday, October 12 through Saturday, October 17, 2015. If your department would like to host an event during Homecoming, please submit your proposal below by July 13, 2015.
2015 Homecoming Goals:
Please review and incorporate the 2015 Homecoming goals in your program proposal. These goals are as follows: 1) To increase satisfaction & involvement by students in the planning & implementation of the week’s events; 2) To increase participation in the week’s events by students, faculty/staff, community & alumni; 3) To increase school spirit/school pride as a result of the week’s events; 4) To retain sponsorship involvement
Criteria for event selection:
The Homecoming Committee will choose the events to be included on the Homecoming schedule. Selection will be based upon the following criteria: 1) availability of time/space within the existing schedule; 2) degree to which the event supports the Homecoming goals; 3) degree to which the event meets a need not meet by other Homecoming events and activities.
1. Name of Proposed Event:
2. Departmental Sponsor(s):
3. Name of Event Main Contact:
4. Event Main Contact E-mail Address:
5. Event Description (will be used in publicity materials):
Do you have any preferences on the date/time of the event during Homecoming?
6. Do you have any preferences on the date/time of the event during Homecoming?
7. If yes, what date/time would you prefer?
Is there another Homecoming event scheduled at the date/time you have proposed for your event? (Go to www.uis.edu/homecoming to review the Homecoming schedule).
8. Is there another Homecoming event scheduled at the date/time you have proposed for your event? (Go to www.uis.edu/homecoming to review the Homecoming schedule).
If yes, would you be willing to reschedule your event for another time during the week?
9. If yes, would you be willing to reschedule your event for another time during the week?
10. If no, please explain.
11. Please describe how your proposed event meets one or more of the goals of Homecoming (as indicated above):
12. Please describe how your proposed event meets a need not already met by a scheduled Homecoming event:
in Public Affairs