The UIS Homecoming Committee is seeking proposals from campus departments for events for Homecoming 2016 which will run from Monday, October 3 through Saturday, October 8, 2016. If your department would like to host an event during Homecoming, please submit your proposal below by Monday, July 11, 2016.
Please review and incorporate the 2015 Homecoming goals in your program proposal. These goals are as follows:
1) To increase satisfaction & involvement by students in the planning & implementation of the week’s events;
2) To increase participation in the week’s events by students, faculty/staff, community & alumni;
3) To increase school spirit/school pride as a result of the week’s events;
4) To retain sponsorship involvement
The Homecoming Committee will choose the events to be included on the Homecoming schedule. Selection will be based upon the following criteria:
1) availability of time/space within the existing schedule;
2) degree to which the event supports the Homecoming goals;
3) degree to which the event meets a need not meet by other Homecoming events and activities.